(1) box with 6 EPCT-KIT1 with application tool TOOL-50-11.
(1) box of EPCT-KIT1 contains:
Transformer Leak Repair System for Gas and Oil Insulated Transformers
Polywater® PowerPatch® Transformer Leak Repair permanently repairs oil and gas leaks commonly found in:
– Bushing & portal gaskets
– Bolt & nut leaks
– Welding defects
– Valve & meter connections
The fast, durable repair of oil and gas leaks with PowerPatch is an economical and effective means to protect essential electrical grid assets. The repair of leaks in the field with PowerPatch reduces risks to the environment and personnel, and increases the overall performance of the electrical grid.
Leak repair with PowerPatch reduces the length and frequency of power disruptions to ensure the maximum efficiency of the grid. PowerPatch is an easy and fast way to repair leaks in transformers by following a step-by-step process. PowerPatch is successfully applied in numerous installations around the globe, in extreme climates and difficult spots.
- PowerPatch Transformer Leak Repair comes in several field-friendly forms.
- PowerPatch EPCT comes in a side-by-side cartridge (shown above) that mixes the two parts as they are applied. A plunger tool is required for application.
- PowerPatch EP is a thicker paste that comes in premeasured Part A and B cups. The two parts are hand mixed before application.
- PowerPatch EPSC is a slower-curing version recommended for large repairs where more pot life is needed.
- The PowerPatch Sealant is provided in kits with the preparation and patching materials necessary for a good repair. See details in the product table below.
Specifications and Applications:
Electrical Reliability: Moisture can damage transformers. Sealing leaks quickly as they occur is the key to keeping moisture from entering transformers and causing premature or catastrophic failure.
Chemical Resistance: Sealant chemically resists dielectric fluids, SF6 gas, ultraviolet light, water, and oil.
Leak Sealing Performance: Sealant shows good adhesion to numerous metals, ceramics, and rubbers; and no leakage under high pressure (up to 100 PSI) with both air and polybutene oil.
Electrical Testing: Sealant is non-conductive. Dielectric strength is 43 kV using ASTM D149, Method A. Platen samples are cast and fully cured.